This Easy homemade play dough recipe uses ingredients that you can find in your kitchen and is less expensive than store-bought play dough, and its perfect for a natural sensory experience.
Plus it takes 10 minutes (usually less than 5!) to make a batch and your kids will enjoy it for months kids will enjoy it for months because this play dough recipe will last for a long time.
Less-crumbly less-junk, and more fun, this homemade play dough can be made in less than 10 minutes
- 1 cup all- purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- food coloring
- Mix together all the ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan
- Cook over low/medium heat, stirring
- Continue stirring until the mixture thickens and begins to gather around the spoon.
- Remove the dough onto wax paper or a plate to cool.
COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE PLACING INTO CONTAINER ZIP LOCK